Vonetta Young's Reviews > Always Be My Duchess

Always Be My Duchess by Amalie Howard

OH. MY. GOODNESS, Besties!!!! We have another stunning story of “love conquering all” by the
amazing Amalie Howard. To say the least, I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK!!!!! If you are a ‘90s rom-com
fan you will love the parallels this book has with Pretty Woman. The business-turned-pleasure nature of
this book had me grinning so hard from start to finish that my face actually started to hurt. As you all
know, I adore how this author isn’t afraid to create leading characters who are not the “cookie cutter”
hero/heroines typically found in romance-landia. The “true to life” way diversity and inclusion as well as
prejudice is written in Amalie’s books is just one of the many things that sets them apart from other
books in this genre. She uses each character’s “difference from the norm” to enhance the story and
strengthen the bonds they form, making her books some of my favorites. The couple in this book is a
perfect example of that; Lysander is neurodivergent yet Nève, who is not, looks right past it and finds
commonalities between her own behaviors and his, thus strengthening their connection.
Lysander Blackstone, the Duke of Montcroix, sees the world in black and white. He works hard for
what he has and leaves no room for romance. Unfortunately for him the success of his next business
deal depends on just that. However, it would seem as though fate has smiled upon our hero in the form
of a beautiful out of work ballerina, who (after serious consideration and negotiation) through a
business arrangement of their own not only helps him successfully close the first deal but also helps him
show the world that he is more man than “Stone”.
Geneviève “Nève” Valery is in London in search of a job as a ballet dancer. It must be desperation
from running out of money and her poor luck securing a role that has her even considering taking the
unquestionably improper job position being offered to her by the dark, brooding, and handsome Duke
of Montcroix. She is a ballerina not a courtesan after all! But the amount of money he is offering would
end her financial struggles and make her sister’s dream of opening a dance studio come true. Taking the
job has her tapping into her noble upbringing in order to play the role of a lifetime, the future Duchess
of Montcroix! Will she be able play the part and keep their arrangement strictly business, or when the
contract is up will she find herself dreaming of a future that money can’t buy?
Again, I say, “I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!” I can’t wait to see if you all do too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always Be My Duchess.

Finished Reading