Amanda Masters's Reviews > Isolation

Isolation by Dan Wells

liked it
bookshelves: wicca-witch-4-book-blog-reviews

I couldn't believe when I saw this was out! I loved the Partial book and can't wait to read more in the series so when I saw that Dan Wells had created a 0.5 Book well I snatched it right up!..lol...I finally got to it in my reading list..lol...I got to say thought I liked the book I was a little disappointed with it I was hoping for at least some connection to the Partial book would be in this but there was nothing at all but at the same time not surprising as it takes place two decades before Partial began, even though you still look for something similar to hold on to even if it is in the landscape and not the people. The story also jumps beck and forth from the present to the past which I also found confusing and the main character goes by two names, Heron and Mei at the beginning so you think they are two separate people. You soon learn however that they are the same person on different missions in two different time periods and then it gets a little easier to understand.

What I liked about this book is that you get to understand a little bit about why the Partial army took their stand and why they are at war with humans in Partial. You also get to be inside Herons mind so you get to know how she thinks and feels which is a lot different then a humans and why she is the way she is. All in all it was a ok book but I enjoyed Partial a whole lot more and can't wait for book 2!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Isolation.

December 31, 2012 – Shelved