Emily's Reviews > Glimmer

972022
Mar 12, 2009

liked it
Read in March, 2009

I don’t have much to say about this book. I finished it and sort of just went, “Hmmm.” It was just interesting enough to take on a vacation and keep me distracted on the plane, but not so interesting that I stayed in my hotel room reading and missed out on all the fun.

I would like to comment on the cover. The cover has a big green thing on it. I’m not totally sure if it is a shamrock or a big green moth. Or, it might be a shamrock with antenna. I don’t know for sure. All that green made me think it was going to have something to do with Ireland. Instead, it is about a girl who loses her mind when she goes to college (not in Ireland). And all this Irish talk is so appropriate for today…St. Patrick’s Day!

My other thought on the Irish stuff: Was anyone else confused in elementary about whether or not you should wear green? I got pinched no matter what. It was usually by the mean girls and boys. I finally stopped complaining about it to my mom because she would always tell me that they pinched me super hard because they really liked me and probably wanted to kiss me. That is the biggest load of crap ever. (When people shoved me in the hallway or something like that, my mom would tell me that it was because they wanted to have sex with me (a ten year old), but shoving was the most contact that they could muster up the courage to do. Are you just totally amazed that I am as normal as I am?) St. Patrick’s Day was just justification for picking on the nerds. I was a major nerd, i.e. I was required to tuck dresses into a pair of pants, rather than wear just a dress, because boys wanted to look at my panties SOOOO bad. Oh man! I can’t write anymore about this! It is freaking me out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glimmer.

03/12/2009 page 74