Dina's Reviews > Soul Deep

Soul Deep by Lora Leigh

Mar 11, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: erotica-romantica, paranormal-romance, series-breeds, to-blog

I didn't like the heroine, Amanda. Somewhere in the middle of the book, Kiowa said something like "she's a child" and, I'm sorry to say, I had to agree with him. Her failed attempt to escape the Sanctuary later didn't help to improve my opinion about her either.

I liked the hero, Kiowa, better but he came across too rough to take sometimes. If LL was trying to show that Coyote Breeds are bad hard-asses, I think she's succeeded.

As much as it pains me to say this, the sex scenes didn't do it for me in this book and I skimmed through most of them. I was actually kinda turned off by their first encounter at the motel - I mean, she was tied and gagged! Not my thing, I'm afraid.

The continuing story arc remains interesting, with the passing of Breed Law - I can only imagine the amount of action we'll get from "unleashing" the Breeds into the world - and what looks like some progress in the search for a "cure" for the mating heat. Not that I think the mating heat is a disease, but it would be nice to see some couples falling in love BEFORE being hit with all that hormonal charge.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Deep.

March 11, 2009 – Shelved
March 15, 2009 – Finished Reading
August 3, 2009 – Shelved as: series-breeds
March 19, 2011 – Shelved as: to-blog

message 1: by Frostyj (new) - added it

Frostyj haven't you noticed that in most of Lora Leighs breed series the girl tries to escape i would think this book is similar to Styx's storm

Dina That's true, Frostyj, but my liking or dislking the heroine depends on how that's done. In this case, it didn't work for me.