Melanie's Reviews > Oathbreaker

Oathbreaker by Ava Marie Salinger

F 50x66

outstanding installment, so complex and entertaining

Rating: 4.5🌈

Due to the complexity of Salinger’s world building and expanding cast of characters, I always need a bit of a review before diving back into this series. But it’s so worthwhile because the author has created a grand tale of war between good and evil beings, one that has been fought before, and now 500 years later is exploding on earth as mortals, Demi gods, mythological beings and creatures from all realms are gathering for one final chapter.

In the last novel, Edge Lines, the Fallen have started to remember their past lives before the First War, when they fell to Earth. The consequences of that recovery of a original self, means the reintegration of memory and powers. And just as much pain and guilt. For Cassius and Morgan , and for Victor.

Because the returning memories and selves brings deep deceptions and painful history to light.

All this while continuing current storylines with the characters, and investigations that carried over looking for the man/being who’s causing the chaos.

A main factor here is Theophile Serrano’s past, and his future part in the ongoing war. It is an amazing journey that really invigorated the story for me in some respects.

Just when I was thinking the story was getting a little dense in bringing in more characters and exposition, Theo’s part began and I was even more delighted with the twists that came next. It was incredibly emotional, full of action, and the ramifications from his section for the next storylines are huge.

These aren’t books you can read as standalones. They must be read in the order they are written and in the series sequence. They contain a huge amount of material that moves the arc and relationships forward in each story.

Fallen Messengers is a highly imaginative, complicated series. Oathbreaker is a wonderful installment, one I couldn’t put down until I was finished.

I’m absolutely recommending it!

Fallen Messenger series:
- [ ] Unbound #0.5
- [x] Fractured Souls #1
- [x] Spellbound #2
- [x] Edge Lines #3
- [x] Oathbreaker #4
- [ ] Harbinger #5 - TBD

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oathbreaker.

Started Reading