Debra's Reviews > Bloodfever

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

bookshelves: all-time-favorites, alpha-male, favorite-series, emotional-rollercoaster

4.5 *I LOVE THIS SERIES, AND BARRONS, AND MAYBE V'LANE A LITTLE TOO* STARS.

More action, more suspense, more fear, more doubt, more evil, more darkness; all of these elements sure don't make Mac's life any easier. But while the world is turning more evil, she is gaining more knowledge and strength and one thing she makes sure to never lose is: hope.

"Hope is a critical thing. Without it, we are nothing. Hope shapes the will. The will shapes the world. I might have been suffering a dearth of hope but I had a few things left: will, desperation in spades, and a chance."

"Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It's like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head in its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs."

"Question: When you're one of the few people who can do something to fix a problem, just how responsible does that make you for it?
Answer: It's how you choose to answer that question that defines you."

This second part of the series managed to captivate me once again from beginning to end, and it made me an even bigger fan of KMM and the brilliantly created world and characters in this series. It also left me with even MORE questions that I need answers to, so I'm moving on to the next part, Faefever, ASAP!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodfever.

Quotes Debra Liked

Karen Marie Moning
“One day you will kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find that breath is of little consequence.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I was about to look away when he reached across the seat, touched my jaw with his long, strong, beautiful fingers, and caressed my face.
Being touched by Jericho Barrons with kindness makes you feel like you must be the most special person in the world. It’s like walking up to the biggest, most savage lion in the jungle, lying down, placing your head it its mouth and, rather than taking your life, it licks you and purrs.”

Karen Marie Moning
“His hand was on my throat, and he was crushing me back with his body into the cold steel beam behind me. "Yes, I have loved, Ms. Lane, and although it‘s none of your business, I have lost. Many things. And no, I am not like any other player in this game and I will never be like V‘lane, and I get a hard-on a great deal more often than occasionally." He leaned fully against me and I gasped.

"Sometimes it‘s over a spoiled little girl, not a woman at all. And yes, I trashed the bookstore when I couldn‘t find you. You‘ll have to choose a new bedroom, too. And I‘m sorry your pretty little world got all screwed up, but everybody‘s does, and you go on. It‘s how you go on that defines you." His hand relaxed on my throat. "And I am going to tattoo you, Ms. Lane, however and wherever I please.”

Karen Marie Moning
“I couldn‘t tell the difference between the two of you anymore!" he roared.

I smashed my fist into his face. Lies roll off us. It‘s the truths we work hardest to silence.

Then you weren‘t looking hard enough! I‘m the one with boobs!"

I know you‘re the one with boobs!They‘re in my fucking face every fucking time I turn around!”

Karen Marie Moning
“If he’d been any other man and i'd been any other girl, I’d have called the narrowing of his heavy-lidded dark eyes lust. But he was Barrons and I was Mac, and a blossoming of lust was about as likely as orchids blooming in Antarctica”

Karen Marie Moning
“I’m asking the questions tonight.” One day I was going to write a book: How to Dictate to a Dictator
and Evade an Evader, subtitled How to Handle Jericho Barrons.”
tags: mac

Karen Marie Moning
“One day you may kiss a man you can’t breathe without, and find breath is of little consequence.”
“Right, and one day my prince might come.”
“I doubt he’ll be a prince, Ms. Lane. Men rarely are.”
tags: kiss

December 27, 2012 – Shelved
November 29, 2013 – Started Reading
November 30, 2013 –
32.0% "So many secrets… Barrons, what are you hiding??

"

December 1, 2013 – Shelved as: all-time-favorites
December 1, 2013 – Shelved as: favorite-series
December 1, 2013 – Shelved as: emotional-rollercoaster
December 1, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)

message 1: by • Lisa • (new)

• Lisa • Enjoy lovely x

Debra Lisa Jayne wrote: "Enjoy lovely x"

Thanks hon! x

message 4: by ♥Rachel♥ (last edited Dec 01, 2013 03:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥Rachel♥ Great review, Debra! I waited until all the books were out and read them like you seem to be doing: one right after the other. Oh my stars, Barrons!

Btw, did you read this after book 1? The Alpha Alternative: JZB Sex Scene You MUST!! It takes place in book one and it's in Jericho's POV. ;)

Johanna Awesome review, hun :))

Debra Lisa wrote: "Awesome review!"

Thanks, Lisa!! :-)

Debra ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "great review Debra!"

Thank you, Sharon!! :-)

Debra ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "Great review, Debra! I waited until all the books were out and read them like you seem to be doing: one right after the other. Oh my stars, Barrons!

Btw, did you read this after book 1? [book:The ..."

Thanks, Rachel!! I'm so glad all of them are out already...this series is so addictive, I just have to start the next one right after the other, LOL!
Oh, I haven't read that one yet! I'll def check it out soon!! Especially if it's Barrons' POV... ;-)

message 9: by Debra (last edited Dec 01, 2013 04:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Debra Johanna wrote: "Awesome review, hun :))
So happy your enjoying them.. Oh btw, from here on out there are 5++++++ stars.. Book 3, IMO picks up dramatically and you will be left speechless.. Enjoy hehe"

Thanks so much, hon!! Yay, can't wait to continue!! It seems like this series never ceases to surprise me, LOL! Very curious to find out what''ll happen next.. ;-D

message 10: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Great review! I love your pics!

message 11: by Christy (new)

Christy Fabulous review, Debra! x

Debra Jennifer wrote: "Great review! I love your pics!"

Thanks, Jennifer!! :-) x

Debra Christy wrote: "Fabulous review, Debra! x"

Thanks, Christy!! :-) x

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Fab review, Debra x

message 15: by Jen (new)

Jen Fantastic review Debra! I am so glad that you are loving this series..you can never go wrong with one of Karen's books in my opinion!! Enjoy the next one!!

message 16: by Jill (new)

Jill Great review and glad you're enjoying the series, Debra!

Debra Rosalinda wrote: "Fab review, Debra x"

Thanks, Rosa!!! :-)

Debra Jen wrote: "Fantastic review Debra! I am so glad that you are loving this series..you can never go wrong with one of Karen's books in my opinion!! Enjoy the next one!!"

Thanks, Jen!!! So glad I finally decided to give this series a try...already loving the next one as well!! ;-D

Debra Jill wrote: "Great review and glad you're enjoying the series, Debra!"

Thank you, Jill!! :-)

message 20: by Didi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Didi Awesome review Debra! Love, love this series.

message 21: by ♥ Barb ♥ (new)

♥  Barb ♥ Fabulous review Debra :))

message 22: by Baba (new)

Baba  Great review, Debra!

Debra Didi wrote: "Awesome review Debra! Love, love this series."

Thank you, Didi!! Me too!! So glad I finally got around to reading it! ;-D

Debra Barb wrote: "Fabulous review Debra :))"

Thanks, Barb!! :-)

Debra Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Dean, Tate, Dan, Ty & Hunter wrote: "Great review, Debra!"

Thank you, Baba!! :-)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Lovely review Debra :D Glad you're still enjoying the series :) Good luck with the next one!

Ronyell Awesome review Debra! This series is awesome!!!

Debra Blacky *Romance Addict* wrote: "Lovely review Debra :D Glad you're still enjoying the series :) Good luck with the next one!"

Thanks Blacky!!! Absolutely loved the rest of the series too!! ;-)

Debra Ronyell wrote: "Awesome review Debra! This series is awesome!!!"

Ronyell Debra wrote: "Ronyell wrote: "Awesome review Debra! This series is awesome!!!"

Thank you, Ronyell!! Glad you're enjoying it too!! Have fun with the next one ;-D"

Thanks!!! I can't wait to check out the other series!