Aimee's Reviews > Lunatic

F 50x66
Mar 09, 2009

liked it
Read in July, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Not sure how I feel about these last two books, which were really one book. I'm highly suspicious that Dekker separated them into two books out of greed for more book sales. The first of the two, Lunatic, was disjointed and incomplete. Both in character development and plot. The second seemed like a desperate attempt at giving the series of the "lost books" a happy ending. Lunatic and Elyon had absolutely nothing to do with the "lost books" at all which was deeply disappointing; especially because Dekker had taken the time to write four books that were centered on the search for the "lost books". Why waste all that time an energy when you're not even going to tell the end of the story?!?

I did like the story of Lunatic and Elyon as a stand alone pair. Although not up to par with the other books in this series, and a bit schizophrenic at times, it was interesting to think about. How many of us, in our lives, are deceived into thinking that the popular world is correct? Most of the world in my opinion. Dekker left it open as well, as if he wasn't quite ready to say goodbye to our main characters. Perhaps another series based on the setting for the final scene?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lunatic.