Stefan's Reviews > The Door Into Summer

The Door Into Summer by Robert A. Heinlein

Mar 07, 2009

bookshelves: science-fiction

Robert A. Heinlein proves once again he can use a interesting plot that is both amusing and serious to make important points about society. This novel, which was quite funny in parts, tension packed in some passages, and brilliantly witty in other sections shows how Heinlein was able to mix a pleasing concoction out of good dialogue, interesting characters, a exciting plot, thought provoking topics, and a mixture of this both scientific and fictional. A nice, short weekend read, that is also good science fiction without becoming overly burdened by science or too extraordinary.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Door Into Summer.

Started Reading
March 6, 2009 – Finished Reading
March 7, 2009 – Shelved
March 7, 2009 – Shelved as: science-fiction

message 1: by Noa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noa have you read anything else by the Master? I highly reccomend Tunnel in the Sky.

Stefan Juliet wrote: "have you read anything else by the Master? I highly reccomend Tunnel in the Sky."

I believe I read it before I joined goodreads. I recall the plot being very thought provoking. Is Stranger in a Strange Land worth reading?

message 3: by Noa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noa I think that it's a bit dated, but, hey, it's his most famous novel, so why not?