Anna D.'s Reviews > Wish List

Wish List by Lisa Kleypas

liked it
bookshelves: hr

I only read Lisa Kleypas' story ”wish List.” - it's more 3.5 stars, really.

As always, I enjoy Kleypas' writing. I enjoyed this one, though it won't top as one of my favorites. I was glad to see that Andrew, Lord Drake/Rochester finally turned his life around and became a good hero in his own story. This story really showed that he just needed to get the love, encouragement, and faith (he never got from his father) to become the wonderful man that was inside him all along. He got that from Caroline Hargreaves.

To me, Caroline was just ok. She got the job done and made a nice enough pairing to Andrew. However, I felt some of her actions (namely the scene at Sambrooke's family cottage) was completely out of character to the point that I was unconvinced. It seems this was a plot used to hurry along the story because it's written as a short. There could have been so much more to explore about these characters, but sadly we won't get to see it.

I'm finally done reading the Capital Theater series, but I'm hoping Kleypas revisits 2 very enticing potential heroes - William Savage, Damon's brother from the first book; and now Cade, Viscount Hargreaves, Caroline's brother - who's supporting role in this story I just adored! LOL! I just get too attached to the characters!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish List.

December 22, 2012 – Shelved