Olivia Barrington's Reviews > Pleasure Unbound

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Dec 22, 2012

All things lead to The Black Dagger Brotherhood and I found this book looking for something to read after finishing a marathon reading session that lasted a week in which I read all eleven books in the series. I googled: if you like the black dagger... and the first suggestion was Larissa Ione.
I have to admit I struggled a bit with the first chapter because I am a vampire fan and this was the first demon story I'd come across but Ms. Ione writing style won me over pretty quickly and I soon thought to myself, self, is this really J.R. Ward?
Reading her work is like watching an action movie. The chemistry between the characters and lead-up of them becoming a couple is deliciously and tortuously slow. The mystery and suspense and sexiness of the book is balanced perfectly. It's one of the only books I read where I didn't skip read (a major character flaw of mine). I read every word, every page and then went back and read again.
The brothers Eidolon, Shade and Wraith are now as beloved as the Brotherhood and I eagerly await the next anything Ms. Ione writes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pleasure Unbound.