Alana's Reviews > When I Fall In Love

When I Fall In Love by Miranda Dickinson

1993666

liked it

Miranda Dickinson's books are always a lot of fun, very much in the vein of Sophie Kinsella. When I Fall in Love read rather like a cross between anything by Sophie Kinsella and Cecelia Ahern's 'PS I love you'. It was fluffy, sentimental and fun and I did like it as a light read over the holidays but for some reason or other there is still something missing in her books. Her characters often felt like caricatures rather than actual people, Cher and Woody in particular were written a little over the top with cringeworthy lines and truly bizarre behaviour, though I did think the Maynard family were written well. One criticism that I always have of Dickinson's books is her propensity to rush her endings. It always seems to be like 'THEN THEY KISSED, THE END' whereas I like to enjoy the resolution of a story after having experienced a novels worth of will they/won't they, embarrassing moments, misunderstandings and general drama. I'm always left feeling rather dissatisfied by the abruptness with which her books finish. I'm not looking for anything overly literary here, good resolutions equal good writing! I would probably recommend this to someone for a plane trip or beach read or for anyone looking for something in the light, fluffy, romantic fiction genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When I Fall In Love.

December 22, 2012 – Started Reading