Anne's Reviews > Closure

Closure by Gillian Hamer

bookshelves: kindle

When you love a book as much as I loved The Charter by Gillian Hamer, you always approach the next book with trepidation. I needn’t have worried – her latest, Closure, is even better. It begins as two separate story threads – a serial killer targeting students at Bangor University, and the work of North Wales CID to track him down, and the seemingly disconnected story of Jake, a child experiencing horrifying dreams triggered by a past life. The stories converge as the pursuit of the killer heats up, and the story – a superb mix of police procedure and the mysteries of reincarnation - builds wonderfully set against the beautiful Anglesey setting. The author very deftly weaves the different elements together, with well-rounded characters and a masterful building of tension, with some tremendous nail-biting moments. I really couldn’t put it down, a fantastic read. We get to know the police team even better in this book, and this has the makings of an excellent series of which I eagerly await the next episode.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Closure.

December 21, 2012 – Shelved
December 21, 2012 – Shelved as: kindle
January 7, 2013 – Started Reading
January 24, 2013 –
0.0% "My next read - looking forward to this one"
January 26, 2013 –
21.0% "Loving this one - off back to bed to read some more!"
January 26, 2013 –
60.0% "Really enjoying this one, murder +reincarnation, + 1st time village of my birth - Felinheli - appeared in book I read!"
January 27, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie So glad I spotted your review of this! It sounds great, I must get my hands on a copy. My other half is from Caernarfon and takes great pride in his North Wales roots. His Dad & I are always swapping crime fiction recommendations so I'm sure he will be interested in this.

Anne It was the setting that first attracted me Marie, but not necessarily what kept me reading. It's lovely reading a book set where the action takes place in such a familiar setting (and so well described), but I was delighted to find that the books were also excellent crime reading with a twist.