Melanie's Reviews > Killer Honeymoon

Killer Honeymoon by Aimee Nicole Walker

F 50x66

Fabulous End to the Trilogy, love this couple

Rating: 5 🌈

Killer Honeymoon wraps up the second series for the detective couple of Sawyer Key and Royce Locke. Their story starts with the wonderful Zero Hour trilogy and now, temporarily at least, concludes with their wedding and a honeymoon almost to die for in this last story of the Matrimony and Mayhem trilogy arc.

What a truly entertaining story Killer Honeymoon proves to be. Walker incorporates all the elements that we expect from the couple’s relationship, humor, thoughtful introspection, respect, and deep abiding love as well as a heathy sex life, and weaves a tale of murder carried out in a tiny resort town. One that they’re honeymooning in.

We get a moving wedding, a hilarious jaunt to their destination, and then a lakeside mystery and murder worthy of any fabulous cozy!

Walker never lets our focus off of the fact that it’s Sawyer and Royce’s honeymoon, with all the resplendent joy and happiness they have in the fact they are each other’s husbands, with a new future and family ahead of them. We get to revel in that along with them.

Whether they are investigating a element of the murder, or a break in, some aspect of the fact they are newly married threads into the picture. It’s lovely. Plus the manner in which they establish a pattern to investigate just says partners in every way. Walker’s writing is so amazing here pulling all the elements together on so many levels.

As always, the surrounding cast is a solid aspect of the story. They are well defined and just plain terrific characters. From the cranky Frank to the spiraling Evan, each is believable.

It’s a neat mystery and is wrapped up in a suspenseful, edgy climax. Outstanding.

The ending is so good. And leaves us and them in a great place with the ability to make a return sometime in the future. Honestly, we need now to see more of Dolly.

Walker has two more books in the works that relates to this universe, one specific to the end of this story.

The next will be Topher Carnegie’s story (and Julian Fine’s) in About Last Night. Expect to see that September 20, 2022.

Then finally Emilio Mendoza and Abe Beecham get their romance in Just Say When. That’s out on December 20, 2022. Be still my heart!

That’s two novels to look forward to!
And I expect Walker’s not done with these guys just yet.

I’m highly recommending this and all the series novels.

Read them in the order they are written for the full character relationship development!

❤️Sawyer and Royce: Matrimony and Mayhem series:
- [x] The Magnolia Murders #1
- [x] Marriage is Murder #2
- [x] Killer Honeymoon #3

Same universe- pending releases

🔹About Last Night - September 20, 2022.
🔹Just Say When - December 20, 2022.

The Zero Hour Trilogy preceded this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer Honeymoon.

Started Reading