Jen's Reviews > Hopeless

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Dec 20, 2012

bookshelves: 4-up-all-night-review, new-adult, my-favorites, x-read-in-2012

Jen's Review

Another book to add to my favorites folder -
There was so much in this book that I loved, and so much that I didn't love. I think I Lived this book :) Maybe even a little more than that :)

So sweet - Sky, she's not a typical teenager. But she likes to do what teenagers her age do... but she does them for different reasons.

Sky doesn't feel much when she's making out with a guy. In fact she feels completely and comfortably numb.. And that's what she likes. She likes to go in that state of mind where she isn't thinking about anything. But she is aware. And she never lets him get carried away.
She doesn't know WHY she doesn't feel anything when a guy is kissing her. And she knows she SHOULD feel something. Just ask her BFF Six :)

So when she's at the check out stand at the local store, and she see's a guy standing in line and gets a funny feeling in her stomach, she actually has no idea what she's feeling. well, she does, but she doesn't want to - so she runs out of the store trying to get away from him. But he follows her.

When he reaches her at her car, she is terrified of him, but he insists she tells him her name. Reluctantly, she tells him, and he gets this disappointed look on his face. She drives off.

When she gets home, she is ready to go for a run. She needs to get this new feeling for this strange guy out of her system. She runs farther than she thought she did, and ends up right in front of his house.

Holder recognizes a sign when he see's it and runs back with her.

At school, their relationship builds, after school and on weekends they talk - She lets him know (by accident of course) that she doesn't feel things with guys she kisses, So when she is ready for Holder to kiss her, he doesn't. He wants her to "FEEL" her first kiss. awe - and what a First Kiss that wasn't actually a kiss that was! WOW! LoL

I have to say that I didn't see the big reveal coming. I had my suspicions about one part of the story, but the other part totally took me by surprise.

All the pieces of the story just build and build, layer upon layer of things you don’t even realize are important until the secrets come out. Then it really hits you.

You feel their bond tighten as more and more memories are reviled.

There was so much in this book I will be remembering for a long time. Even when I forget what book I got it from. The quotes in here are just that great.

I can't wait to buy this book in paperback. Its going to be going right up on my top favs shelf <3

This is one of those stories that will stay with you forever.

And yes, there is a HEA :)

“Fuck all the firsts, Sky. The only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers.” >/b>

I'm looking forward to reading more about from this author :) I've heard many good things ! I'm surprised this is my first.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hopeless.