Avry15's Reviews > Hunter's Season

Hunter's Season by Thea Harrison

Dec 18, 2012

bookshelves: action, fantasy, reviewed, paranormal-romance, romance, adult

I can’t believe this is the last book in the arc of The Tarot’s Journey. I’m very disappointed in myself that this is my first and last chance with this story, however I’m glad I enjoyed HUNTER’S SEASON.

Like I said, I haven’t read the previous books in the novella and although other reviewers said Xanthe and Aubrey appeared in previous books, I think their past/history was given well in the story that I need not to ask. A standalone book really serves its purpose.

Xanthe is an assassin that’s sworn to protect a Chancellor who was injured from an attack. She could kick ass, she’s fierce, but when it comes to Aubrey (chancellor) she’s so emotionally vulnerable. Worse, she was asked to take him under her roof! Aubrey, still broken and hurt from the betrayal of his wife by trying to assassinate the queen, is in risk. Unable to trust quickly as he did before, he’s on guard from Xanthe but can’t deny the feelings she arouse in him whenever she’s around. Can he realize his errors in time, to give their growing attraction time to blossom? Brought together by a very wise plot of Queen Niniane who noticed Xanthe’s tenderness for Aubrey, they now have their sweet little time together to explore each other’s feelings.

more @ Bookshelf Confessions

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunter's Season.