Avry15's Reviews > Shadow of the Wolf

Shadow of the Wolf by Dana Marie Bell

Dec 18, 2012

bookshelves: fantasy, magic, paranormal-romance, reviewed, romance, adult

SHADOW OF THE WOLF is a modern story of a wizard Christopher Beckett who casts a spell to bring him a mate. He also happens to be cursed as a werewolf due to his ancestor’s misbehavior in jilting a witch. So, to grant the desire of the wolf form, he must find a mate who’s willing to accept the wolf in him. And to aid him in selecting his mate, his wish list includes: she must be of a lineage as old as his own. Bonus if she’s a beauty.

And then here comes Allanah Evans who, as it seems got stuck in the middle of nowhere. Everything seems to say she can’t go home just yet—her car won’t run, her phone’s lowbatt, no one’s around to call for help, the storm’s getting worse. Little does she know that she was called to be the mate of a powerful wizard. Yes, she came from a lineage as old as his own, the only problem is, she’s a witch. And as far as everyone knows, wizards and witches don’t mix well together. Add to their conflicting romance, is the evil plot of an old enemy who wants Chris dead, or rather both of them dead.

From the moment I read the synopsis, I know that this book is for me. I have always been fascinated with witches, their spells and their magic. Luckily, I wasn’t disappointed since we’re not only treated for poetic spells (sometimes funny), but also with lots of magic-fighting scenes, distorting spells and sensuous romance.

more @ Bookshelf Confessions

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow of the Wolf.