Dave Bolton's Reviews > Mastery

Mastery by Robert Greene

May 11, 2013

it was ok
Read in December, 2012

Unfortunately a mess of ideas and misconceptions (did you know that Albert Einstein discovered relativity due to spending a badly estimated 10,000 hours thinking about it over 10 years?) that did little to illuminate mastery. Lord, even the table of contents is confusing.

Some of the profiles are interesting, but they are also repetitive. Each time a profile is incrementally built on, one has to read all the parts that were earlier presented, which is a ridiculous way to treat a studious reader.

If you want to learn about the mechanics of mastery, I like George Lenard's simple book Mastery. The scope is much narrower, but that is its strength.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mastery.

02/16 marked as: read

message 1: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Brockert He did not say that about Albert Einstein.

Dave Bolton Daniel wrote: "He did not say that about Albert Einstein."

Refer to chapter 2 "Reversal".

message 3: by Tan (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tan Bee I struggle to keep myself awake to glance through the book. Apart from the repetitions, it is not about the making of a mastee but famous people in the past and present.

Dalya Saffarini It was not worth the money nor the time that I spent reading this book. It was like some body having a simple thought and desperetly wanted to fill a book with it. Ongoing nonsense of empty talk.