Amanda's Reviews > The Falcon at the Portal

The Falcon at the Portal by Elizabeth Peters

Mar 02, 2009

** spoiler alert ** My BFF says that after she finished reading this book she put it alone on an empty bookshelf so it could "sit there and think about what it did!"

When I loan this series to others (as I often do), I always hand them this book and the next together because, "You will want to start on the next one right away. It gets better, I promise."

Not better in terms of writing -- this is crackerjack writing -- but the ending is so emotionally fraught and you hate Nefret so much and you hurt so bad for Ramses that you really really want to start the next one, because you're sure that Ms. Peters won't be that cruel twice in a row.

I was once at an Egyptology convention to see Ms. Peters speak and asked her which were her Amelia favorite books. She admitted that Falcon and He Shall Thunder in the Sky were her favorites. They are mine, too. Though I like Thunder just a little bit better. I needed the happy ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Falcon at the Portal.