Amanda's Reviews > Beautiful Bastard

Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren

bookshelves: kindle, galley, 2013, print-books, 2017, audio-books
Read 2 times. Last read August 4, 2017.

This review can also be found at Book Boudoir.

---

Back in the day (hehe) I'd just read this book series about vampires and werewolves but it left me wanting more. I decided to find some fanfiction to make up for the things I didn't get *cough* mostly smutty deliciousness. Everyone was all in a tizzy about a few different stories, The Office, being one of them. When I started reading it, I understood why that was.

Much to my enjoyment and glee, that fanfic became a published book. When I heard the news I flailed all over myself and had to get my hands on it as soon as it was released. There are some stories that I hold near and dear to my heart and this is one of them. To be able to have it in print and on my bookcase was a dream come true for this fangirl.

Granted, there is a lot of changes between the fanfiction and the published book, I still love it so very much. Chloe is sassy and head strong. No wilting flower, which we do often get in romantic based books. She gives as good as she gets from Bennett. And she definitely gets a lot of attitude from him. Her frustration with him pretty much jumps off the pages. I like that Chloe is a smart, successful, business woman too.

Bennett ... he's a difficult man to work for. At times he seems to be unwilling to bend. It was his way or the highway. That is, until I was really able to get into his mind. With BB alternating POVs through the book it was nice to see where his head is. He definitely has conflicting emotions when it came to Chloe. As I got to know him a little better I could understand why that is. I loved his personality, really. He's a hard working, brilliant, and protective guy. Plus, he's always in a suit and tie. You can't go wrong with that. Ever.

Beautiful Bastard is incredibly sexy and admittedly, smut filled within the first few pages. But, it's so much more than that too. There is an intense relationship between Chloe and Bennett and for this reader, it was very believable and obvious.

I love UST and this is full of that too, because even though they have multiple flings together, neither of them wants it to happen again. It's kind of funny actually. One second they are both swearing it won't happen again, then two seconds later, they're *ahem* on a desk. I spent a lot of time fanning my face, I'll just admit that right now. So if you're looking for a yummy, turned romance read, this one could be for you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to stalk my mailbox for Beautiful Stranger!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Bastard.

December 17, 2012 – Shelved
December 17, 2012 – Shelved as: kindle
December 17, 2012 – Shelved as: galley
April 18, 2013 – Started Reading
April 18, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013
April 18, 2013 –
page 60
18.75% "Zomg *fans self*"
April 18, 2013 –