E.'s Reviews > In Search of Captain Zero: A Surfer's Road Trip Beyond the End of the Road

In Search of Captain Zero by Allan C. Weisbecker

Mar 01, 2009

I wish I could review books by genres. I actually wish I could review everything by genre. When someone asks me my favorite burrito place my first question in response is always "what sort of burrito?"

I mean, do you want greasy authentic burrito, or are you talking california style grilled chicken and black beans on a wheat job. I'm not implying one is better than the other, just that they are very different things. Depends on what you are in the mood for.

Captain Zero could easily get 5 stars in its genre which is light adventure stories that are easy to read. It's well written, its about topics that interest me (travel and surfing) and it reads really quickly smoothly. Easy book to pick up and stick with until its done, which is exactly what I've done these last 3 days.

Now, if I was going to grade it on a universal literature scale I would have a hard time giving it even 3 stars. I mean I think I gave Fountainhead three stars and its a super classic. Wait, Fountainhead sucked. I should have given it 1 star, bad example......Anyways, you get the point.

In the end I'm saying 4 stars and highly enjoyable. Now maybe I should spend 500 words examining why I feel it necessary to justify reading pop literature to the internet......but I won't. I'm a book snob. There I said it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Search of Captain Zero.

Finished Reading