Michelle's Reviews > Track of the Cat

Track of the Cat by Nevada Barr

liked it
bookshelves: 2016, favorite-series, nook, hd, lgbt, mystery-thriller, survival, reviewed, read-again

Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes? I love the desert, I've lived here for years, but Anna sure runs across a lot of snakes in this book. Thankfully, my life doesn't echo hers.

Anna Pigeon is a widowed park ranger. She's kinda awesome. She's independent, and sassy, and reminds of Kinsey Millhone, another favorite character. I like women who kick ass and have sharp edges and a small marshmallow center. Anyway, in this first book Anna is working at Guadalupe National Park. A mystery unfolds, a mysterious death by mountain lion (or was it), and Anna's the only one suspicious enough to stubbornly pursue justice. She puts herself in danger and, in the end, gets her man. As you would expect.

I love this series because I have been fortunate enough to live and work in the National Park System and look forward to hearing her insights about the politics of the NPS (yucky, but sadly true) as well as her character living in amazing places. Can't wait to get to book 3, where I used to live and work. On to the next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Track of the Cat.

December 15, 2012 – Shelved