Jennifer's Reviews > Falling Ashes

Falling Ashes by Kate Bloomfield

2951978
Dec 15, 2012

bookshelves: ya, fantasy, reviewed

Falling Ashes has it all, action, adventure, romance, and lots of warfare and magic of course. I loved this book simply because it brought back both old and new characters for a return visit. As well as introduced a huge plethora of Mages I had never met, my favorite of whom being Dagon and the water Mages and Fae who was a skewed version of "Brave" lol. This trilogy and its companion pieces have been a breath of fresh air, like the rest of Bloomfield's writing. You can rest assured that you won't read anything like this anytime soon, nor have you before. You simply have to dive in and let it soak you into this unique, dystopian world. While there are many things that were left unanswered or unexplored near the end, I felt satisfied if not sad. This book tugged at my heartstrings more than once, particularly the ending. Take a chance and dive into Bloomfield's imagination and prepare yourselves for one epic ride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Ashes.

December 15, 2012 – Shelved
March 30, 2013 – Started Reading
April 21, 2013 –
May 13, 2013 –
34.0% "I sat down to read a couple chapters and got sucked in before I knew what was happening! More adventure, and more at stake than before. Hoping Avalon becomes the powerful leader she's meant to be!"
May 18, 2013 –