Preethi's Reviews > Ready Player One

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

Dec 15, 2012

bookshelves: ebook, sci-fi-fiction, geek-love, awesom-otic, book-lover-s-paradise, classics-forever, for-the-joy-of-reading, history-probably-happenend-for-real, mcdreamy-or-men-to-die-for, women-to-remember
Recommended to Preethi by: Priya
Recommended for: Geeks; nerds; 80s children; Engineers who love reading computer history

If there was ever a book written for geeks who love computer history, video games, pop culture and remember the 80s, then this is it, THE Book!
This book appealed to the non-video-game lover in me, so imagine how it would be if you played Pacman or Mario growing up. This book made me want to look up all the references (an activity that'll take a full year, am sure) and grin when I knew the references being made. This book appealed to the engineer/geek in me so much that I fantasized about living in OASIS for a while.
Okay, I admit, not a while. I kept on comparing how awesome life would be if it were like they portrayed in the book - don't have to meet anyone in real life, and do everything virtually. (yeah, am adult enough to know that this isn't what we all want, but indulge the introvert in me, okay!). I can totally foresee how easy it is for our current lives to be converted to the OASIS live...

Halliday, Daiko, Shoto and Parzival are the DUDES, people I'd have had totally a thing for back in college, and Art3mis or Aech is what I would've liked to be... yes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ready Player One.

December 15, 2012 – Shelved
February 12, 2013 – Shelved as: ebook
December 15, 2015 – Shelved as: might-want-to-read-this
January 5, 2016 – Started Reading
January 5, 2016 – Shelved as: sci-fi-fiction
January 7, 2016 –
45.0% "This book is simply un-put-down-able! Such a geek fest. Am finding myself smiling with glee when I identify a 80's pop culture reference, and making notes when I couldn't for follow-up later. \n The concept is soooo cool, its like a dream come true, the virtual reality stuff!"
January 7, 2016 – Shelved as: geek-love
January 7, 2016 – Shelved as: history-probably-happenend-for-real
January 7, 2016 – Shelved as: mcdreamy-or-men-to-die-for
January 7, 2016 – Shelved as: women-to-remember
January 7, 2016 – Finished Reading

Nina The audiobook version of this is really awesome, too :)

Preethi Is that so? Who reads it?

Nina Wil Wheaton!