Lix Hewett's Reviews > Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood

Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook

bookshelves: high-school, mean-girls

(I'm waffling between 3 and 4 stars, but let's round up high. I liked this.) This was fun! And I was so relieved Claire/Helen came to her senses before everything got truly out of control, and that she got to set things straight and be honest to Brenda and Christopher before they found out what she'd been doing through other sources. By the end I'm not sure I know Claire/Helen all that well myself, but I found her sympathetic enough, rooted for her (to stop the revenge plot, mostly, which she eventually did, but also to stay friends with Brenda and maybe also Bailey and Kyla, and to be herself with Christopher), and enjoyed the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood.

December 13, 2012 – Started Reading
December 13, 2012 – Shelved
December 13, 2012 –
0.0% "So far this reads like the intro to a run-of-the-mill teen movie. I used to watch a lot of those, so apparently I find that tone comforting and am happy to adapt my mindset accordingly while I read."
December 15, 2012 –
50.0% "This looks like it's going better, nicer places than I expected. Fingers crossed. (Also, it's such an easy read. I really love Eileen Cook's writing for how well it flows.)"
December 24, 2012 –
66.0% "I don't get anything out of revenge fantasy stuff, but I'm still enjoying this somehow."
December 26, 2012 –
70.0% "We have hit the point where I'm like, you have lovely friends, a potential boyfriend, you're popular, you're wondering if you should give up the revenge plot -- so ACTUALLY GIVE IT UP. Or just don't wonder if you should, because it only served to stretch my incredulity."
December 29, 2012 – Finished Reading