Whitney's Reviews > Pivot Point

Pivot Point by Kasie West

Dec 12, 2012

bookshelves: edelweiss, favorites

Everything about this book was perfect. The only bad thing I can say about this book is that I wish it were longer!

After reading the synopsis, I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy Pivot Point or not. I thought it was going to be lots of drama and the plot sounded a bit confusing. And when I first started it and seen how each chapter switches back and forth, it did make me a bit hesitate. However once I got into it, I really loved reading her Search about both futures!

What I was expecting going into Pivot Point was something darker and more serious, But instead it ended up being the complete opposite! This book ended up being surprisingly light. It was so fun to read and the characters were so enjoyable.

After Addie finds out her parents are getting a divorce, she has to decide who she wants to live with. So Addie uses her ability to Search her own future six weeks in advance to make her choice. The story alternates back and forth every chapter.

The main character, Addie, was so easy to like. She was a strong, confident character. I loved watching her adjust to life in the "norm" world. I also loved how Laila, Addie's best friend, and Addie are so different but yet they have a strong friendship! I love reading books that already has a developed friendship. And this book didn't disappoint in that aspect.

Something I found interesting is that there are two different love interest, but it's not really a love-triangle. In her Search where she lives with her dad in the "norm" world, she meets Trevor, who I absolutely loved, and their chemistry was amazing. And then in her Search where she lives with her mom, in the compound, she meets Duke. His character was charming and even though I prefer Trevor, I don't think there was one character I didn't like reading about in Pivot Point.

Another thing I loved is how no matter what future she decided to go with, whether to live with her mom or to live with her dad, I loved how the story came full circle. Pivot Point was refreshing, original and was executed beautifully!

Overall, Pivot Point had humor, character development and great dialogue! I loved reading about both futures. I know which one I wanted her to choose but I didn't know what her choice was until the end. In the end I was very happy with where the story went and it made me that much more excited to read the second book!

Quotes: "I need to find some flaws to focus on. I study him for a moment but come up empty. He's flawless. Not even a single zit. New strategy. I will not look at him."

"Okay, I'll play. What are the criteria of a male best friend?"
"One: I feel completely comfortable around him, no nervousness or anxiety. Two: He's really nice. And three: He doesn't annoy me."
"Wait, are you saying a love interest has to annoy you?"
"At first. And then eventually it's realized that all that annoyance and mistrust is actually romantic tension."

*eARC received via Edelweiss*

For more of my reviews, visit my blog at Vivid Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pivot Point.

December 12, 2012 – Started Reading
December 12, 2012 – Shelved
December 12, 2012 – Shelved as: edelweiss
December 12, 2012 –
page 82
23.91% "Loving the MC!"
December 15, 2012 –
page 235
68.51% "This book is so fun!"
December 15, 2012 – Finished Reading