Emily's Reviews > The Dark Is Rising Sequence

The Dark Is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper

I'm sure most of you friends who might end up reading this review have already read this series, but for anyone who hasn't, these books are the pre-Potter classics that may have really sparked J.K.'s joy of reading when she was a girl (in fact, I do remember reading one particular article in which Rowling mentions Susan Cooper as a favorite hero).

So Shelly Radmall and I were talking about being Anglophiles when we were chatting last at a girls' night out. I asked her if she'd read these books as they definitely satiate an English and Welsh appetite for all things classic regarding: good vs. evil/wholesome children following a good-old mystery regarding ancient British lore/and exquisite details of the European countryside. She said she wanted me to post this series so she could check it out. So, there they are! Enjoy! I can't wait to share these with Rees in four or five years.

(They are so well-written, they really should be considered adult literature, but they're usually branded for kids as the main characters are children, though they are pretty mature and intellectual kids...)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Is Rising Sequence.

Finished Reading
February 26, 2009 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Ooh...going to get these right now!