*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time's Reviews > Plastic Hearts

Plastic Hearts by Lisa De Jong

liked it

This one was just okay for me. It really didn't bring anything new or different to the table.

The story never really grabbed me and I had a hard time sticking with it and finishing it--I think I ended up reading three different books in between the start and finish of this one.

I found the dialogue to rather cheesy and the story to be filled with one cliche after another. It was also very predictible. I knew how it was all going to go down from the very beginning.

Alex has always let her parents dictate her life....making all of the choices for her--from her car, to her studies, to her friends, to her boyfriends. Alex is miserable but refuses to stand up to her parents.

Then she meets "bad-boy" Dane--though he really wasn't all that bad--and finally sees glimpses of true happiness.

Alex's parents force her to make a decision between them and Dane and of course she she picks her parents and loses Dane...not once but twice. Eventually, she realizes the mistakes she's made and decides to live for herself....but will it be too late? Has she lost Dane forever??

Still on the fence as to whether I will read the continuation of Dane and Alex's story in Glass Hearts!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plastic Hearts.

December 12, 2012 – Shelved
Started Reading
February 27, 2013 – Finished Reading
March 11, 2013 –
68.0% "Struggling to finish this one.....but I swear I will tomorrow!"

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Sara How's this one? I never see your updates

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time Well my friend--it tells you anything...I started it on Friday and have read 2 books in between and am working on my 3rd. I think I'm at 68% on it. It's rather cheesy and filled with one cliche after another. :)