Lynsey A's Reviews > Shiver

Shiver by Karen Robards

bookshelves: library-book, hardcover, child-children-involved, romantic-suspense, 2013-reads, hero-i-luv

This was a delightful book to read...once it got more into the romance. Surprisingly, this Robards RS had much more romance than some of her previous RS books.

The book was fast paced and a fun read. Our hero goes by three names in this book, one, his real name Danny as the undercover FBI agent, Trey, the nickname he had in college which he gives to the little boy who he's never met but is trying to protect, and Marco, the traitor ex-federal agent he is pretending to be to get the bad guys. This made him a great hero, the way he protected Sam and her son Tyler from the get-go. He is a great hero. He was so sweet to Sam and I loved how he called her "baby doll." There were some really sweet moments in this story.

The ending is short as are most of her RS books but still very satisfying. This is definitely one of her better RS books.

The only issue I had with this book was (view spoiler)

Great read if you are looking for a nice romantic suspense book. It is fast paced, with a short timeline of the story. Not quite up to Pamela Clare RS books but still a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.

December 12, 2012 – Shelved
February 5, 2013 – Shelved as: hardcover
February 9, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013-reads
February 9, 2013 – Shelved as: hero-i-luv
February 9, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Carrie You forgot one of his names: Quasimodo. ;-) I thought your caveat was spot-on. That was unreasonable. But then, I felt like the non-stop action, which is typical of Robards, was all pretty unbelievable. Nonetheless I enjoyed the book.

message 2: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully sounds good Lynsey!

Lynsey A LOL - you are right, Carrie! I completely forgot Quasimodo! Ha ha.

I actually felt that the scenes at the safe house were not very fast paced at all. It just seemed abnormal from her other books. :)

Lynsey A It was a good one, Scully!

Carrie Lynsey A wrote: "LOL - you are right, Carrie! I completely forgot Quasimodo! Ha ha.

I actually felt that the scenes at the safe house were not very fast paced at all. It just seemed abnormal from her other books..."

I guess after the first part, I was in need a break so the safe house didn't feel too slow. ;-) But she does love the non-stop action!

Lynsey A Oh, I agree! That is a favorite thing of hers to do.

I actually like her RS better than her more recent historicals. Her old stuff was great but her most recent one bored me to tears. I really enjoy her RS...except for the one out before this one. Can't recall the title but it just skeeved me out and I had to dnf it.

Carrie I've never read any of her historicals. I do read some historicals, but they aren't my 'go-to" genre. I've read 4 or 5 of Robards' RS books and enjoyed them.

Lynsey A Her early stuff is not quite PC but I like them. :)