Liz's Reviews > Plastic Hearts

Plastic Hearts by Lisa De Jong

5 Incredible Breakable Hearts

Debut Novel… Did I have that right? Because this was a phenomenal story that tugged at my heart from the first chapter until the last. I was so involved with the characters, that I forgot they were fictional. My emotions took hold of me without any effort. Ms. DeJong, in my opinion has this natural gift at writing which was flawless!

Life is surely a puzzle for Alexandra Riley. But the catch is, she has no idea where the pieces should fit. Her family pulled all the strings and set the Expectations so high, no matter what she accomplish it just wasn’t good enough through the eyes of her parents. Every decision was made up for her and that included her future… Or did it?

“Plastic hearts are made so they cannot be broken. Cracked maybe, but never broken”

Is Alexandra strong enough to stand her ground and claim the control that has been completely stripped from her?

My Alexandra (Kate Bosworth) :

In my opinion, Alex is intelligent, strong, insecure, beautiful, independent, and afraid of the unknown. Her own dreams are endless, and she has the determination and will to make them come true. But the major roadblock in her life is her parents, especially her mother.

“My mother was the tour guide from hell”

Her support system was herself and best friend, Jade (a force to be reckoned with)

“When there was so much negative in your life, it helped to have someone who could coat it with happiness”

Change came about when Dane Wright entered into the picture. He was the atomic bomb that shook Alex’s world . . . for better or for worse?

My Dane (Beau Mirchoff):

“Dane was the most exciting and scariest thing to ever enter my plastic world”

“God, he was beautiful; the type of beautiful that rendered me temporarily speechless”

Dane had a broken life, but rose above all the obstacles that stood in his way. He had a certainty about him, and knew who he was and where he wanted to go in life…. Part of that plan was to include Alexandra Riley… Or did it?

“Falling for him could easily turn my heart to glass and shatter it into a million little pieces, but I couldn’t stop myself”

Would Alex listen to her heart and soul or leave a trail of destruction in her wake ?

“There is more to life than big houses and fancy cars. You pay the price for them and it isn’t always monetary”

I took so much from this story and my heart still beats so rapidly when I think about Plastic Hearts. I still get the chills running through my veins. Life is full of decisions and hope we make the right ones along the way. We learn from our mistakes and follow our heart in the end, (at least that seems to be the wisest choice). We should be our own person and not worry about what others think. Believe in yourself and the best will rise to the surface!

A DEFINITE MUST READ!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plastic Hearts.

December 12, 2012 – Shelved
March 2, 2013 – Started Reading
March 3, 2013 –
20.0% "LOVE it already, hooked from the first page!"
March 3, 2013 –
35.0% "Incredible, do NOT wait to read this book!!! It's so worth the investment!!"
March 3, 2013 –
65.0% "It's almost 2AM, I need some sleep! But I absolutely love this story!"
March 4, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

message 1: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle [Helen Geek] keep us posted. Sounds really good.

message 2: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Michelle - You need to read this, I love this story!

message 3: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle [Helen Geek] Michelle wrote: "keep us posted. Sounds really good."

message 4: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Michelle wrote: "Michelle wrote: "keep us posted. Sounds really good."

Liz - I just bought it. I'll try to read in the next week or so. It really captured my attention. Thanks for the encouragement."

Exciting!!! You are Welcome, I think you will Love!!

Lauren ♥ Inked in Chapters Such a great story! I loved it and can completely appreciate your need to keep reading! Just one more sentence. One more paragraph...page...chapter ;) It's a slippery slope!

Lisa De Jong Can't wait to read your review;)

message 7: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Lisa wrote: "Can't wait to read your review;)"

I am working on my review . . . I know it will NOT do the book justice, I want to scream to the world that it is mandatory to read this wonderfulness

Lisa De Jong You will do fine...I've read your reviews.

message 9: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Lisa wrote: "You will do fine...I've read your reviews."

Ok Lisa - Here it is... Brace yourself not sure if I did any justice or just blabbed!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) It's always fun when you find a good debut. Those don't come along often.

message 11: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Stacia (the hype killer) wrote: "It's always fun when you find a good debut. Those don't come along often."

Stacia - It's one incredible read... I miss Alexandra and Dane already!

Stacia (the 2010 club) I love that feeling but it's sort of bittersweet because you want it back.

message 13: by Carmen (new) - added it

Carmen Damonse Thanks for the review, this is definately going onto my TBR list.

Renee wow trying to wait but I must read now

message 15: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Renee wrote: "wow trying to wait but I must read now"

Renee I just loved this story!!

Laura oooh, i'm totally starting this next

message 17: by Lariza (new) - added it

Lariza Great review Liz!! Can't wait to read this!

message 18: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz Lariza wrote: "Great review Liz!! Can't wait to read this!"

Thanks Lariza <3

Anne OK Super review, Liz! I bought this last week but haven't gotten into it yet. Plan to very soon, though.

message 20: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz AnneOK wrote: "Super review, Liz! I bought this last week but haven't gotten into it yet. Plan to very soon, though."

Thanks Anne.. I just will gush about this book until the day I die!!!

Anne OK FYI -- this is 99 cents on Amazon.

JoAnn I tend not to read in-depth reviews on books that I intend to read as I don't want a lot to be given away. However, your first paragraph makes me want to start this sooner that I anticipated.

message 23: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz JoAnn wrote: "I tend not to read in-depth reviews on books that I intend to read as I don't want a lot to be given away. However, your first paragraph makes me want to start this sooner that I anticipated."

Great news JoAnn I completely understand what you mean though.. I try to either warn the viewers or not have any spoilers, but everyone perceives reviews differently and what they get out of it!

Teresa This was a very enjoyable debut read!