Becky's Reviews > Dark Side of the Morgue

Dark Side of the Morgue by Raymond Benson

Feb 26, 2009

bookshelves: 999-challenge
Read in February, 2009

What an interesting book! I don't know much about what happens behind the scenes with musicians so it was cool to have this backstage pass. The book was a very quick read for me. I finished it in two days and loved it! It was hard to put down. One of the things that I noticed right when I started the book was the track listing at the front. It's a list of chapters, but are referred to as tracks, a playlist of sorts. Each "track" is a specific song by a particular band. The fun part about it was that each song title had much to do with what was happening in that chapter. It was different and I enjoyed that part very much. I enjoyed getting to know Spike. The private investigator for Rockin' Security. He is an intriguing character which makes me want to pick up other books with him in it. A great things about the story line is that I wasn't able to solve the crime before Spike did. That's a big plus! Overall, a great read! I'd recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Side of the Morgue.