secondwomn's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Aug 18, 2007

liked it
bookshelves: borrowed, 2007, fiction, sff, ya, 2015

borrowed from valerie. definitely the best of the first three, although some of rowling's plot devices are wearing a bit thin already. maybe it's just me, but the quidditch matches seem kind of boring.

reread sept 27 2015

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

message 1: by Helocin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Helocin this is the most random, hillarious thing ever!! It's been a long time since I logged on here and look at this!

So, after watching the movie version of book 5, I felt completely unfulfilled, unlike with the previous movies. I knew they definitely, obviously had left major parts out (#5 is the biggest book of all). So with the series was finally concluded, I decided to just give in and buy the whole set used on Amazon and I just finished book 5 today and am starting on The Half-Blood Prince tonight. hello book buddy!

My mom is sick so I went home to visit her for a while and what with the plane trip down to CA and sitting around at home with her, it's been a harry-filled 2 weeks. So delicious, I'm so addicted, and (what is Prisoner of Azkaban, 2? 3?) well, when you get into book 3 and beyond, the differences between the movie and book versions start mounting. I was suprised at how almost verbatim books 1 and 2 were. anyway. ok, bye for now.

message 2: by secondwomn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

secondwomn yay book buddies!! i haven't seen any of the movies (didn't want any spoilers before i read the series) so i can't compare. but i'm looking forward to finishing these. i think it'll take me another week or so, but i might take a little break this weekend. harry potter can get exhausting! ;)

i hope your mom is doing better. tell her i say hello and send her good thoughts. i'm scheming to get down there sometime in october, hopefully. and there are birthday presents on their way to you. phew, that was a lot of not-book related stuffs. (hugs)