Rita Crayon Huang's Reviews > The Teacher's Funeral : A Comedy in Three Parts

The Teacher's Funeral  by Richard Peck

Aug 18, 2007

Read in August, 2007

I just had the oddest experience. I read this book this week without realizing I'd read it before. This has sometimes happened with books that aren't very good (I block them out), but this book is great! And I hadn't forgotten it, exactly; all the details kept coming back to me about three pages in advance...so that I kept thinking I must have only had time to read PART of the book in the past but would soon get to where I didn't remember. But...nope. I got to the very end and even the final line (which I'd been waiting for the whole time) was suddenly familiar. I'd read the whole thing before.

How'd THAT happen?

I also got the feeling I didn't fully appreciate this book the last time, as if I'd read it as a kid with only dim awareness. But the book came out in 2004. It's one of his newest (and one I'd been "looking forward" to reading for a while--but apparently had already gotten to).

I can see why I both remembered the details, lines, and voice, yet had trouble retaining the whole (until each next scene emerged). But I loved this book (again). A solid four stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Teacher's Funeral .

03/05/2016 marked as: read