Meredith Watson's Reviews > The Witching Hour

Aug 18, 2007

it was ok
bookshelves: 2008
Read in December, 2007

I FINALLY finished this. Good Lord, what a long winded mess this was. All the wordy history was boring but I stuck it out then ended up hating the ending! Why in the world to I keep reading Anne Rice?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Witching Hour.

03/14/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Meredith (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:50PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Meredith Watson I think I read this about 16 years ago, but cant remember much of it. Found it at a trades day sale yesterday and picked it up for 50 cents, decided to reread it.

Xysea I used to love her first few books; Interview With A Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, etc. But somewhere along the way, she lost the plot. Horribly.

Memnoch the Devil, etc - and I only read one or two of the witch series.

I don't know if she just got lazy, or ran out of ideas, or what. All I know is, I said the same as you after the last one I read, and I don't plan to read her anymore.

Cassiday Tamillo I'm with you....I'm almost done and I'm already not liking where the story is going after trudging through the ridiculously long winded history.

message 4: by Jay (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jay Delorenzis I think Anne Rice in love with herself.

message 5: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate on one page I found several repetitions, incomplete or nonsensical sentences and paragraphs that should have been sentences in the previous paragraph.... add to that the constant repetition = mess

message 6: by Alex (new) - rated it 1 star

Alex I feel like every third book she writes is really fabulous and the rest are varying degrees of suckage.

Alicia I completely felt the same way. I finally completed it although I thought I would never get past all the family history. I will not be reading more of Anne Rice!