Melanie's Reviews > A Kiss to Revive Me

A Kiss to Revive Me by Michele Notaro

F 50x66

Terrific Addendum to the first book!

Rating: 4.25🌈

A Kiss To Revive Me is a account of the events that occur in the first novel, The Scars That Bind Us, but from the perspective of Cosmo Ono-Nai , the alpha of the pride of shifters working with the dyad Mages, Madeo and Jude Driscoll.

This must be read after that first story or it won’t make any sense at all. For it jumps from event to event, and things that we know have already occurred, but this time, it’s viewed from Cosmo’s POV.

Whereas Mads stands in as the voice for not only himself but for Jude too, and all mages that endure all the brutal, inhuman treatment and abuse they’ve barely lived through to their status as government weapons, nothing more.

Cosmo and pride comes into the team thinking of mages much as the Government’s military campaign has made the population think of mages…as entitled beings, living a life of wealthy magicians. Covering up the truth and hiding the horrific tragedy and torture that’s continuing now.

Through Mads recounting to Cosmo of his past horrors, the abuse, the torture they endure if they don’t behave, the gruesome outcome of others that have tried to leave, Cosmo and the reader gain an explicit picture of what life as a magi means.

While the torture, abuse, and other horrors are committed off page, for those for whom this is a trigger, pls note and make the decision for your self if this is a story you are comfortable with.

For me, this was a terrific addendum to the first story, adding another essential layer to what’s going to be a raw, gripping battle and journey for a ever growing found family of shifters and magi in a terrifying world.

I’m eagerly awaiting The Shackles That Hold Us #2, out June 7, 2022.

Until then read them all in the order they’ve been written. I’m highly recommending them all to date.

The Magi Accounts:
🔹Our Hearts That Tie Us #0.5
🔹The Scars That Bind Us #1
🔹A Kiss To Revive Me #1.5
🔹The Shackles That Hold Us #2 - June 7,2022

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Kiss to Revive Me.

May 19, 2022 – Started Reading