Josie's Reviews > Shadows of the Past

Shadows of the Past by Carmen Stefanescu

Dec 08, 2012

I like to read historical fiction that is set in the Middle Ages to the Victorian Era. I also love to read Paranormal Romance. So when I read the summary I became intrigued and I definitely wanted to read this book.

Shadows of the Past started out strong and it continued at a wonderful pace through out the book. The main characters Anne in the present and Genevieve from the past were written well. Anne is a strong woman who has decided to reconcile with her boyfriend, During their trip she experiences dreams and visions of a lady from the past, which is Genevieve, whose story needs to be told to give her peace. Genevieve is from a time that being a woman is difficult and on top of that, faces many tragedies in her life. She struggles to survive with evil that keeps crossing her path. They both meet friends along their travels.

This is a story with suspense, mystery and romance. It made me cry and it put me on edge. Genevive's story became difficult to read at times. At the last chapter everything becomes full circle and seems to be heading towards a happy ending, then as I finished the last page, it left me with questions and eager to read the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows of the Past.

December 8, 2012 – Started Reading