Melanie's Reviews > The Anti-Quest

The Anti-Quest by Angel  Martinez

F 50x66

Fabulous F/Fantasy

Rating: 4.5🌈

“It's a simple old story—princess, dragon, knight—simple unless they're all the same person”

— The Anti-Quest (The Pudding Protocol Universe) by Angel Martinez

And just like that , we’re wonderfully, imaginatively, wandering, narratively, through another Angel Martinez universe.

It’s a urban fantasy, fairytale of a f/f sci fi romance! Uh , got that? Bumblebee dragons, a Royal advisor called Kipcup, a discouraged post doc Professor needing field work on probably extinct Tarrabotian dragons who calls herself after a ancient earth cheese, and half human/half Dzedek Palladin Snillek, who never thought she’d be the heir to inherit a planet.

Into the mesmerizing Martinez mixing bowl goes all sorts of wild and crazily authentic sounding elements to bring about a journey of self acceptance, personal exploration, and love.

It also has its share of the Palladin being strong, shiny scales awesomeness! She is a warrior after all. And Gruyère gets to be the wonderful researcher she is , all while trekking through splendid back territory full of surprises.

With gentle tweaking, and a couple of subtle twists, the author’s characters and plots show how quickly assumptions are formed, what judgements the characters (and readers) might make based on appearance, actions, even names.

The story flies by quickly. It’s so entertaining and I throughly enjoyed it. I loved the couple, each with their amazing personalities.

I enjoyed getting caught by an assumption or two of my own making. So much fun in overturning faulty thought processes!

Love Angel Martinez? Love any or all those elements I mentioned? The Anti-Quest (The Pudding Protocol Universe) by Angel Martinez is the book for you.

Pudding Protocol Universe
🔹Safety Protocols for Human Holidays
🔹The Solstice Pudding
🔹The Anti-Quest

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Anti-Quest.

May 19, 2022 – Started Reading