Samantha's Reviews > Little (Grrl) Lost

Little (Grrl) Lost by Charles de Lint

bookshelves: 13-25

T.J. and Elizabeth come from two different worlds. T.J. is fourteen, and her family had to move to the suburbs from the farm. She had to give up her horse Red, and she and her best friend are drifting apart because of the distance. Elizabeth has a big attitude and dresses like a punk. She is also a Little, and is about six inches tall. She is also living the walls of T.J.'s house. The two of them become tentative friends, but then disaster strikes, and they are separated when they need friends the most. Can the two of them still find their way, and discover what they need the most?

For the first few chapters of this book, I didn't like it very much. It felt like a fourteen-year-old girl was writing the book, and not in a good-being-in-the-character's-head way. However, either I grew to like the style a little better, or the rest of the book was written better, because I found myself enjoying it after awhile.

There are flaws to this book, and some of the characters seem a little unbelievable, but I enjoyed it despite these problems. I grew to love the two main characters, and it was interesting how T.J's portions were in third person, while Elizabeth got to tell her story in first. I don't normally see a story's POV structure that way. I'm not sure why only Elizabeth got to tell her story in first person, but it didn't clash much with the third person.

Overall, there are some flaws with this book, but I did enjoy this story, and it was an interesting twist on the Littles.

Content warning: There is some swearing, but nothing major.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little (Grrl) Lost.

December 8, 2012 – Started Reading