SteffieStar's Reviews > Trans-Sister Radio

1998004
Feb 23, 2009

bookshelves: chris-bohjalian
Read in March, 2009

I enjoyed that each character (Allison, Dana, Carly & Will) each had chapters to tell the story from their eyes & heart & soul!

This goes to show how some people can be so predjudce just becuase you are a Transexual, Gay or Bi-Sexual. Thinking that you can catch it or teach it. God Forbid they just accept it as normal, for that person and let it be each indiviuals personal choice!

Chris Bohjalian you touched my heart & soul when you wrote:

"Or walk with me a few generations into the future. You're a short man. You're barely 5 feet. And you are sick to death of being treated as...small. Especially since you are so big inside. So tall. You know it. You sense it. You feel it."

Chris, my Husband is 4'4" a Dwarf/Little Person. Yes, he is sick to death of being treated as different, a freak...not Normal! What the hell is normal?!! We have learned to live with the stares & the snickers & the outright rudeness.

I'm hear to say that the size of a man does not make the man. He is the most loving, adoring, sensitive, gentle, yet strong man, I have ever known and thank god I could see past his size to his heart & soul!! Maybe being different made him the awesome man he is...maybe it did not!

I'm 5'9", so yes we do tend to stop traffic...but it is our life and we are living it to the fullest! After 13 years together, thank god the internet chatrooms were around in 1995 when... of all the chatrooms... in all the world, we both ended up in a chatroom called 40-Friends(us both being 40 at the time) & FATE stepped in and for 6 months we talked online & the phone before SteffieStar flew from Ketchikan, Alaska to Santa Monica, California on Feburary 14, 1996 to meet in person the man she fell in love with and who had fallen in love with her...Fairly Tales Do Come True!!

Friends in Reading! Stephanie (SteffieStar)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trans-Sister Radio.

03/04/2009 page 77
show 2 hidden updates…

message 1: by Darlene (new) - added it

Darlene What a great personal story you have to tell. My husband and I met on an internet chat room for pen-pals. We were only two hours away from each other, it was about the same year you and your Chris (mine is a Chris, also). There a lot you learn of a person's heart and soul getting acquainted in letters or emails first. Regardless of where our lives lead, we will always remain friends who love each other.

Have you considered writing your own book? This is a romance I would read. The chic lit that is out there makes me ill. This is real!

BTW, your review was very well done and I can hardly wait to get and read this book.

Ginger Stephanie, not only did I enjoy readng your review, but also loved your personal story. I'm saddened when people are treated unfairly just because they are "different". I never really knew about issues concerning "Little People" until I watched a tv program about them, their struggles, medical issues and so on. I hope you and your husband have many, many, many great years together!