Melanie's Reviews > Sweet to the Core

Sweet to the Core by Amy Aislin

F 50x66

Heartwarming, Wonderful Romance

Rating: 4.25🌈

Amy Aislin’s Lighthouse Bay is one of those lovely contemporary romance series that’s continues to resonate with me. It’s the gorgeous setting of Lighthouse Bay, with its small town community, with its variety of people, from it’s Mayor to it’s Main Street of stores ,who’s owners we’ve gotten to know well through the novels.

We’ve loved the town’s heartwarming displays at the Christmas season and watched, as they planned, built, and then marched down Main Street for the parades! Aislin has made us feel a part of these people and their community.

We’re there as they work through their personal issues, cry out and get support and love when facing a health crisis, and when they decide to trust and find true love again.

These are gentle, emotionally adult novels where the people are remarkable in their love for their town, friends and family, and the often slow to romances.

Often a balm to the heart with the gentle love stories, the men here in Sweet to the Core, Dev Stone of Dev’s Bakery, and Clark Ricci, wildlife biologist, with a little ghostly intervention, get their own story and HEA. It’s that favorite friends to lovers trope.

Dev and Clark have been a part of the previous books as everyone is connected through friendship and family relationships. Dev has had an enduring crush on his older cousin’s best friend for decades. Now in his thirties, Dev has no reason to expect their friendship to change anytime soon.

A two person POV, we have a front seat to the resigned state of Dev’s affections for Clark, the dreams he’s letting go of, and the way he’s pushing himself at the Bakery. Dev is a believable young man who’s falling into a pattern he soon won’t know how to get out of.

Clark Ricci, is a man who loves his job, but with his friends settling down, starts to get the uneasy feeling he’s missing something.

It takes his father’s very real, financial issues to launch a change for all of them. With some ghostly assistance that points the way to the Annual Sweet to the Core Apple baking contest.

Aislin’s beautifully layered characters, a community with its shops in all stages of financial growth, and a group of citizens that have come to feel like family, full of believable life situations, relationships that require communication and emotional depth, and lots of love, fill Sweet to the Core .

It’s a terrific way for this trilogy to end, however much I’d like it to continue. Or at least end on another Christmas novel.

I’m highly recommending this and all the books of Lighthouse Bay. They are lovely, heartwarming contemporary romances.

And this cover is lovely too.

Lighthouse Bay:
🔹Christmas Lane #1
🔹Gingerbread Mistletoe #2
🔹Sweet to the Core #3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet to the Core.

May 17, 2022 – Started Reading