Jeff Stockett's Reviews > The Road to Woodbury

The Road to Woodbury by Robert Kirkman

liked it
bookshelves: zombies

This book was okay.

The story was actually pretty interesting. We get to meet some new characters and follow their experience trying to survive the early days of the zombie apocalypse and their eventual meeting with the people of Woodbury. We also get to learn more about the Governor with his rise to power and simultaneous descent into madness.

But even with a good story, I wasn't super impressed with the writing. There were experiences that should have made me feel genuine horror, terrible things were done both by the dead and by the living. But, I found that I wasn't feeling the emotional impact that I should have.

I attribute this to a lack of character development. I didn't care about Lily, Megan, Josh, Scott or Bob the way I should have.

Ultimately, it's a good story that could have been a great story. I still plan on reading the third book in the trilogy, but this book will not stand out as particularly memorable when I look back.

Language: Strong. Fairly frequent, but less frequent than the first book.
Violence: Lots
Sex: A few scenes that take place mostly off screen but things are strongly implied.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Road to Woodbury.

December 7, 2012 – Shelved