Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Twice Tempted

Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost

bookshelves: favorites, 5-stars, fav-vampire-books, paperbacks-i-own, fav-urban-fantasy, library-love
Read 2 times. Last read January 15, 2020 to January 18, 2020.

This series is in the same world as the Night Huntress series. You can read the Night Prince series without reading the other, but I highly recommend reading Night Huntress first. Many previous characters come to visit Vlad and you can understand their relationships more if you have had the pleasure of reading the other first, but Night Prince can stand on its own.

Now, I read Twice Tempted when it first came out in 2013. I LOVED it! I devoured each book as they came out, but then the fourth and final book came and I never got around to reading it. When a series you love comes to an end it’s hard to finish that last book, but now I’m going to, so I’m going back and listening to the series for the first time to refresh myself.

*****

Twice Tempted is book two in the Night Prince series by Jeaniene Frost. We continue where Once Burned left off.

Lelia and Vlad are having problems. She feels that Vlad doesn’t want her anymore; because her powers are lost or maybe temporarily lost. No one knows! Vlad tries to show her he wants her, but the way he does that leads to a huge embarrassing moment and they break up.

What does she do? She stands her ground and when Vlad doesn’t give her what she needs she leaves and returns to Marty and the circus, but things soon go bad when someone tries to kill her. From there we are on one wild and crazy ride where Lelia try’s to figure out who wants her dead and in the process try to avoiding Vlad; which is an impossibility. The forces working against these two is a mystery throughout the story. It keeps things off-kilter and interesting.

We get a little cameo appearance of Cat. I love Cat and Bones.

Twice Tempted doesn’t disappoint. Theirs no shortage of emotional turmoil, action, suspense, mystery, surprises, and steam.

Narration: Tavia Gilbert continues to do a spectacular job. I love her voices for all the characters; especially Vlad and the story and plot come to life. You feel for Lelia in this one. I highly recommend the audiobook for the Night Prince series.

Rated: 5 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twice Tempted.

December 7, 2012 – Shelved
January 15, 2020 – Shelved as: paperbacks-i-own
January 18, 2020 – Shelved as: fav-urban-fantasy
January 18, 2020 – Shelved as: library-love
January 18, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Valentine Awesome review Angela!!💋😉💞👍

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Awesome review Angela!!💋😉💞👍"

Thanks!