Putri's Reviews > Fearscape

Dec 07, 2012

bookshelves: ebooks

More reviews at The Book Escapist

SEXY KEN IS WARNIN' YE: SPOILERS DOWN BELOW

It's been such a long time since I last read this and I decided to give this a full-blown review in order to give justice how brilliant this book is.

This book is not your typical romance book, trust me. The main guy? He is the villain of the book, he is psychotic, creepy, and really, really mental.

Despite the creep-tasticness of the guy, the whole book screams dark, and sexy at the same time. You feel like you are Val, and you just can't help be drawn to Gavin. Well, not until the end of the book but I don't want to spoil you that much. BUT MAN OH MAN SHIT JUST HIT THE FAN.

The Plot

The whole idea of Fearscape revolves around the chess game. It's a game to Gavin, a cold, manic, obsession game of chase. AND IT FEELS LIKE YOU ARE PLAYING A GAME OF CHESS WITH HIM, TOO. You can't help but anticipate and wonder what move Gavin might make in the next moment. You can guess when he is going to strike, but it's hard to guess what he is going to do. The author brilliantly writes the mind of a deranged guy.

The Writing and Characters
Brilliant writing for an unpublished author. This book should seriously get published. Way better than some published books out there. The voice of Gavin is really terrifyingly real: you can really believe that this is the mind of a sick person. Val is brilliantly done, clueless and innocent like a 14 years old, like a moth drawn to a flame. Now, some people may get annoyed with her at some point, I did. But hey, it is realistic that a 14 year old to be that mind-numbingly clueless. I would have been as clueless as her.

And trust me, this book does not believe in the romance fairy-tale happy ending. There is no salvation for Gavin.

5 out of 5 stars for me. Brilliant and WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? GO READ IT.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearscape.

Finished Reading
December 7, 2012 – Shelved
December 28, 2012 – Shelved as: ebooks

Nenia ✨ Queen of Literary Trash, Protector of Out-of-Print Gems, Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Mother of Smut, the Unrepentant, Breaker of Convention ✨ Campbell hello, putri! thanks for reading fearscape and supporting me as an indie author! i'm very glad you enjoyed it!

Putri No problem! Been a fan of yours since Plagiarism Haven days. I hope you get published by a major publishing company soon, you deserve it!

Nenia ✨ Queen of Literary Trash, Protector of Out-of-Print Gems, Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Mother of Smut, the Unrepentant, Breaker of Convention ✨ Campbell Ooh! There's a review now! *stalks it*

Aww, yay! *huggles you* That makes my day. :D SO NICE YOU ARE. <3