Dan's Reviews > Euphoric Wonderland: An Eclectic Collection of Psychedelic Poetry to Stimulate the Senses and Open the Mind

Euphoric Wonderland by Ryan M. Becker

M 50x66

This work is more a spoken word collection of stories drawn from the life of the poet, his loves, his influences, his art, dreams and the past that we are all burdened by. Some poems you could see a clever musician adding some music to and making a song that wouldn't be out of place at a Dead show in the 70's, maybe an Old & In The Way opening set. The ideas of the Beatles, especially Lennon, comic books, real heroes, real villains float through the pieces some repeat, some disappear, but all have left a mark on the writer.

Two of the poems I find myself thinking about the most are Divided in Two and Astrogate, Navigate, Space and Time Evaporate. If pressed my answer would probably change as the day got longer. I like the imagery, the rhyme and the way an hour later I kept having certain lines run through my head. Still do, even while writing this. You can tell the poet cared, and did his best both for himself and for the reader. A very interesting work.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Euphoric Wonderland.

May 7, 2022 – Shelved as: to-read
May 7, 2022 – Shelved
May 14, 2022 – Started Reading
May 14, 2022 – Shelved as: bethel
May 14, 2022 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan M. Becker I was having a real tough time today, and then this popped up. Thank you for putting a smile on my face when I truly needed it. Your words are beautiful, Dan. Take care, my friend.