Amy's Reviews > Being Santa Claus: What I Learned about the True Meaning of Christmas

Being Santa Claus by Sal Lizard

Dec 05, 2012

I received an advance copy of this book from the publisher.

If your holiday spirit isn't up to par this year, I suggest you go pick up this book. I was a little skeptical about this book at first. I worried this it might be a little too gimmicky. After reading the first chapter, however, I was completely charmed.

This sweet memoir tells the story of professional Santa Claus Sal Lizard. Lizard recounts how he first got into the Santa Claus business and then tells many stories from his career about how he was able to change the lives of others and how they in turn changed his life. The book is completely heart-warming. I teared up several times reading some of Lizard's experiences. I also appreciated how he seems to have come up with some really great answers to some of those tough questions kids ask about Santa Claus. I'm going to use some them on my own child.

It's a short book and I don't want to give too much away. The book can easily be read in one sitting. Especially by the fire with a cup of cocoa. This is a man who truly embodies the Spirit of Christmas and has one of the best jobs in the world.

BOTTOM LINE: Recommended. If you are looking for some reading to get you in the holiday spirit, this is your book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Being Santa Claus.

December 5, 2012 – Started Reading