Henrik's Reviews > No More Mr. Nice Guy

No More Mr. Nice Guy by Robert A. Glover

liked it
bookshelves: self-help

Reread September 23, 2013 + August 15, 2014: Yes, quite useful, all in all. No better, no worse than first time I read it.

Original review:

Generally a good read, with lots of useful advice for "Nice Guys" who deserve much better. There's quite a lot of repetitiveness, though, which for me lowers the value of the book. But I'm sure it makes it useful if you're going to check the various chapters separately once in a while.

The title sounds like this is a book about man-being-an-insensitive-bastard but really that's not the case. It's about becoming the man you have the potential to be. (And yes it does make sense to differentiate man and woman in this regard.)

While I remain a sceptic when it comes to the underlying assumptions in terms of them being "scientific" (e.g. the broad definition of what makes a person a "Nice Guy", which reminded me why Karl Popper dismissed psychology as scientific) there is no doubt that there are enough useful tools herein to make it worth the money spent. Most of it makes sense, and that's what matters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No More Mr. Nice Guy.

December 5, 2012 – Shelved