Bridget Strahin's Reviews > Lucifer

Lucifer by Annabell Cadiz

Dec 03, 2012

Please keep in mind, the author is my best friend. With that being said, this review is completely biased in every sense of the word. Honest, but biased.

Have you ever wondered what you would do if you met an actual angel from up above? Well, Zahara Faraday has met an angel and what did she do? She kicked his butt!

Zahara, an eighteen year old normal all American Floridian, is just looking forward to college life and spending the summer alongside her bestie Becca. Then it all goes to hell in a hand basket when Zahara (and a reluctant Becca) takes it upon themselves to save a couple, who are being attacked by fairies in the middle of a park in the dead of night. Things were looking pretty bleak for them until a very powerful Imago steps in and in an uncharacteristic move, saves them and the couple from their nasty little opponents.

Zahara tries to put the whole fight and rescue behind her until she meets the very alluring Bryan Hamilton. Complicated couldn't describe her situation any better. Within a couple of days, Zahara goes from a semi-normal life (well as normal as life could be for the daughter of a Light Witch) to having to juggle an almost boyfriend, a smitten best friend, who is head over heels for the Imago that saved her life, an angel who comes to her seeking help, oh, and did I mention that Lucifer and his mean but totally hot lackies are back on earth and have all intentions on making Zahara's and everyone she loves life a living hell? (haha see what I did there?) Gosh, could this girl catch a break?

Zahara is probably one of my favorite heroines of all time! She's strong, brave, compassionate, vulnerable and smart and has a stellar wardrobe. She's written superbly with a witty and sometimes snarky attitude. She adjusts quickly to every situation she's thrown into and never thinks twice about jumping into the line of fire to save someone.

"Becks, I can't just let people die knowing I can stop that from happening." Zahara fitted one of the arrows, made of aluminum carbon, into the crossbow and peeked her head back inside the car. "You coming or babysitting the car?"

LOVE HER!

Then you have her bubbly and equally amazing best friend Becca King. Now this is a girl after my own heart. Where Zahara is always ready for battle, Becca is right behind her being the voice of reason. But despite all the caution where Zahara is concerned, she's a girl who believes in going after what you believe in and she believes in love . . . with Rekesh. One of the very last people she should ever fall for but she doesn't care. She knows he would never hurt her and when the opportunity presents itself, she confronts Rekesh and tells him exactly what she wants. Getting herself and Zahara in all kinds of trouble in the process. Gotta love her!

"Follow the path of blood down the dark hallway into the back alley where there can possibly be a body and some killer. It's too cliché horror movie for my taste. We are not those stupid girls."

Oh, and let's not forget about all the hotness going on. Boys, people. I'm talking about boys. There's a whole slew of muscle clad, smart mouthed, evil doing, swoon worthy boys in this book. Some will make you catch your breath (literally) with just one look, make you want to make yourself their prisoner, defy all logic just to be by their sides, and make you rethink the power of what a single blue Mohawk can do to you. Cadiz flawlessly creates a cast of hot male characters to appease everyone's appetite and have you begging for more.

If you think that this cast of amazing characters isn't enough for you, just wait until you get to the very end of this book. "WTH, I can't believe she did that, and shut the front door!" are only a few of my choice words. Just when you think Cadiz couldn't take you on anymore of a crazy roller coaster ride, she puts you on a double loopty-loop without a seat belt and sends you on your way, WITH JUST THREE SENTENCES.

And if you're like me, and completely in NEED of the sequel, don't worry, because I have it on good authority, that MICHEAL, the second book in The Sons of OLD Trilogy will be out later this year. Until then, the ILLC (I Love Lucifer Club) meets every Tuesday. Happy reading everyone!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucifer.