Heather Gunter's Reviews > Ten Tiny Breaths

Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

Dec 03, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-love

WOW, did I love this book. I read in the back of the thank you's that K.A Tucker was a little concerned about writing this and feeling like she was taken out of her comfort zone. Oh my gosh, why? It was perfect & so beautifully written. She completely rocked it and I believe delivered everything she set out to. The whole plot flowed seamlessly..

Kacey is a 20 yr. old girl that flees with her sister Livie to escape a not great situation with an Aunt and Uncle. Kacey is a care taker at heart and vows to do everything for her sister Livie. Kacey has a ton of demons in her closet and never healed from a tragic event from her past. Kacey is a strong female lead. I loved her right off the bat. I found myself becoming a cheerleader for Kacey and then I cried. I cried like a baby. I cried because I could feel every ounce of pain that K.A put into her. K.A did something amazing with her. She takes us on an emotional journey that allows us to watch and become a part of her process of healing. That my friends is a sign of a top notch Author. When you can feel every ounce of emotion and it pulls you in deep...

I immediately took to Storm who is the next door neighbor that befriends Kacey and helps her whether she wants it or not. I loved how their friendship blossom's naturally and nothing is forced.

Trent is also a neighbor next door that does something to Kacey and allows her to feel for the first time in years. We start to see some walls slowly get broken down. I really, really liked Trent. You know in some books the guy is too good to be true? Not the case...He is completely realistic & has his own demons to overcome.

To say I enjoyed this book would be a complete understatement. K.A took a subject matter that does not get spoken of often and turned it into something that you can take and walk away from. It was emotional, gut wrenching and raw and I feel better having read it.

This is a book I will need in print and I highly, highly recommend it. It has now become one of my favorite reads of 2012.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ten Tiny Breaths.

Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson I know! I so need a print copy of this one too. Loved it so much!

Heather Gunter I had my first review written and dang it if GR didn't delete it and I had to start all over. LOVED this book Mandy!