Melanie's Reviews > So Into You

So Into You by S.E. Harmon

F 50x66

favorite of the series, great couple

Rating 4.5🌈

So Into You (The PI Guys #2) by S.E. Harmon is a book I enjoyed far better than the one preceding it. That one, Stay With Me, had so many flags for me I thought I was at a heavily contested football play at 4th and down at NFL Sunday.

The relationship here between PI Drew Rodriguez and Screenwriter Noah Ashley is more balanced and, frankly, nuanced.

Both have issues with their childhoods, mostly stemming from one of their parents. The traumatic wounds drive their behaviors and determine their relationships. How they maneuver through and around these emotionally laden issues and barriers each has erected (in one case, the barrier is sitting himself in a chair in the living having arrived unannounced), is wonderful to read and a pleasure to be connected to.

Drew and Noah argue over the expected trust issues, work timorously towards something real, and it feels believable. The men work as a couple and as friends.

The cases they investigate are mundane, boring, sad, and, occasionally scary.

Drew’s home life mirrors just how quickly complicated things get and how they get handled. With resigned frustration that also feels as real as it comes.

The first couple makes appearances here but honestly I hardly noticed them. The real people, the ones putting in the work were right in front of me. And I was loving every bit of time I was spending with them.

So Into You (The PI Guys #2) by S.E. Harmon is a terrific realistic contemporary romance. It has people with damaged childhoods, working through their issues, and moving forward to have healthy relationships and hopefully a HEA.

I really loved them. I’m highly recommending this story. Check it out!

PI Guys series:
🔹Stay With Me 1
🔹So Into You #2

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Into You.

April 25, 2022 – Started Reading