Fani *loves angst*'s Reviews > Where Dreams Begin

Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas

Feb 19, 2009

bookshelves: romance-historical, emotional, keepers-romance, from-opposite-tracks, kids-in-plot, paperbacks-i-own, inferior-mc, 2010-books
Read from December 19 to 24, 2010

One of my favorite books for 2010 and straight into my keepers shelf. Review to come after Christmas!

Well, it's after Christmas now but I guess I'm too tired from the festivities to write a complete review so I'll keep it short:

Zachary Bronson has become a rich man and has gained all his heart's desires except one thing: admittance in the ton because of his lowly origins. In a ball he meets the beautiful widow Lady Holland and decides he wants her as his tutor in order to polish his manners, and seducing her will be the icing on the cake. However, the more time they spend together, the more attracted they become to each other. But Holly is afraid to ignore the life she's always known and be with someone so different from what her beloved husband was.

It sounds simple and perhaps it is, but Kleypas tells the story in such a beautiful way that you can't help but feel for the two of them. Both Zachary and Holly are amazing characters; strong, determined but also loving and tender people. I couldn't help but wish them to end together for good. The thing I liked, is that Holly's reasons for being reluctant to accept Zachary's attraction were realistic and NOT snobish at all (there are more issues than what I've already mentioned here). I loved her for that and I loved Zachary for pursuing her but knowing when to pull off. There were a couple of heartwrenching scenes that even had me misty eyed and I read this book feeling a warmth in my heart during the whole time.

It's been a while since I last read a really good romance and this one really made up for all this time:) Definitely recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Dreams Begin.

12/19/2010 page 52
14.0% "Picked this up on Friday because I had many errands to do outdoors and needed a book with decent cover. So far, I haven't regretted my choice:)" 6 comments
12/21/2010 page 145
39.0% 4 comments
12/21/2010 page 167
45.0% "I hope I get a few more hours for reading today because with all the Christmas shopping and visiting and outing, I've barely read a couple of hours every day for the past week:(" 6 comments
12/22/2010 page 210
56.0% "Not as much reading done yesterday as I hoped:( Still, I love this book more and more!" 2 comments
12/23/2010 page 244
65.0% "Holly molly, this book becomes even more amazing as it progresses! I have rarely felt the passion between two people so strongly as I do with them and they've done barely more than kiss." 4 comments
12/24/2010 page 284
76.0% "Amazing stuff!"
show 1 hidden update…

Rane WOOT! Happy you loved this book!

Fani *loves angst* Oh Rane, it was amazing! I really enjoyed reading it:)

message 3: by Dina (new) - added it

Dina Wow, 5 stars! I need to find time to read this book next year. :)

message 4: by Catherine (last edited Dec 27, 2010 10:02PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Catherine Nice review, Fani! I really enjoyed this one as well. It got a little iffy for me toward the end, but it all smoothed back out again so I was happy.

Fani *loves angst* Yes Dina, you should:) I think you'll enjoy it as well.

Thanks Catherine! I had a problem during one scene near the end, about something the heroine 'sees' in her dream. I wish that wasn't there, but it was too minor to kill my love for the rest of the book.

Catherine I'm sorry, I can't clearly recall the dream you're referring to.

Fani *loves angst* I don't want to say anything more here, it would be a spoiler. But I think it's obvious we're not talking about the same scene after all:)

Catherine I guess not! :D

message 9: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Fab review Fani!

Fani *loves angst* Thanks Scully! I really liked this one and it's been a while since a "pure" romance moved me so much:)