Beverly's Reviews > Luca's Magic Embrace

Luca's Magic Embrace by Kym Grosso

My thoughts:
I loved Kade's Dark Embrace, which is book one of the Immortals of New Orleans by Kym Grosso so when I had the opportunity to read and review book two (I had been hoping it would be Luca's story!) I jumped at the chance.

I was as happy with book two as I was with book one. The characters are fantastic. I was excited to see that this story more or less picks up where book one ended, bringing the characters I loved from Kade's story into Luca's while adding new ones. All the men are larger than life; all are willing to do whatever it takes to protect, save, get, have or keep whatever it is that they want or feel is theirs. All the women are either strong, independent and powerful in their own right - or become so during the story. It's as if Kym Grosso has created a range of characters in which everyone can see a bit of themselves or who they wanted to be, and a bit of the partner they have always searched for.

The world Kym Grosso has created is realistic and believable. She has set her characters in New Orleans, which is perfect for supernaturals. It is easy to see the beautiful, powerful vampires and others living in the Garden District in mansions supported by their immortality and the wealth they attain. You can picture them with the moss draped trees and mystery and mystique that seems to go hand in hand with New Orleans.

The story is filled with steamy hot romance, powerful magic, betrayal, desire, deception, mystery, danger and love.

The ending is a cliffhanger - but by the time you get to the ending, you are hoping for a glimpse into what book will be next because you don't want to leave the characters and the story behind. Well worth the read - CANNOT wait for the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luca's Magic Embrace.

Started Reading